I made this fun project as a birthday ‘card’ for a male friend of mine. I love the poem and this set of stamps from Chocolate Baroque.
- Template from Dreamies CD – Something to Treasure.
- A4 Kraft card – 4 sheets to make the boat.
- White stamping card, scrap papers and old dictionary (to make Tide book).
- Piece of string made into a rope, 3 pearls, bit of old chain, old vegetable net bag.
- Small rectangular dies and tag die (Heartfelt Creations – Cut, Mat, Create and Luggage sets), Seaweed die (Create and Craft Couture – Sea Siren set) coloured with alcohol marker (Spectrum Noir JG6). These could be substituted with similar dies or punches.
- Distress inks (Ranger) – Vintage Photo, Old Paper, Tattered Rose, Mustard Seed, Pumice Stone, Broken China and Stormy Sea.
- Archival Dye based ink – dark brown – for stamping the images.
- Fine red and brown marker pens, glitter markers in various colours (Marvy Twinklette),
- Glass mat (or preferred stamping surface), Ink blending mat (SplodgeAway), sponges and water pen for colouring.
- Woodgrain clear stamp (My Minds Eye) – but could use patterned card printed from the CD instead (to make the boat).
- Seashell Collage Stamps – Chocolate Baroque
I keep sketch books to catalogue my stamp collection. This is the page showing the stamps in this set.
Creating the project
- Created the boat from Kraft card following instructions provided on the template CD – before piecing and gluing I stamped the woodgrain texture using Vintage Photo Distress ink. I added an extra bench seat to enable attachment of embellishments.
- Made a little Tide booklet from scrap paper and old dictionary pages. Also used some scrunched kraft card to create a small area of sand to display shells and embellishments.
- Stamped all the images onto white stamping card and cut out. Dies were used to cut out the sentiment and create the tag.
- Images were then coloured with distress inks using an ink blending mat and a water brush or sponge. Subtle sparkling highlights were added to the shells using glitter pens. Added faux stitching with pen around the poem and tag to give a frame.
- Put it all together using foam pads and 3D glue gel. The tag was left hanging so that it is possible to add a message to the recipient on the reverse.