So excited to share my first design created for Chocolate Baroque.
Hope that you like this Nordic styled card. I just love the reindeer – a bit fiddly to cut out but well worth the effort.
- Sparkling Trees and Christmas Candlelight stamp sets
- Smooth pale blue card, small piece white card, Kraft Card
- Adhesive, 3D gel glue, foam pads
- Inkpads: Versamark, Versafine (Black Onyx), Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs)
- White gel pen, Polychromos pencil (dark brown), Soft pencil and eraser
- WOW embossing powder – Superfine Metallic Gold Rich
- Clear glitter glue, gold glitter glue, Glossy Accents (Ranger), and white PVA pearls
- Sharp pricking tool or needle
How to make it
- Make a side folded card base with Kraft Card to give approx. 6” X 7.5” (15 X 19cm) finished size (portrait). Prick a border around the edge and add faux stitching with white gel pen.
- Cut a large circle approx. 5.5” (14cm), and smaller circle approx. 2.75” (7cm) diameter from blue card. Stamp the smaller circle with the stars stamp, and the larger with snowflakes, using Versamark and heat emboss with gold powder. Enhance the circle edges with Distress Ink and add dots of clear and gold glitter glue for sparkle. [Stamping onto the larger circle: draw guidelines to divide into 8 equal sections and stamp the larger snowflake around the edge, fill in with the smaller stamp off the edge – erase guidelines after stamping]. Glue the larger circle and mount the smaller circle with foam, onto the card front. Draw more faux stitching lines around the circle.
- Stamp the fir tree branch with Versamark, 3 times onto blue card. Cut out and add dots of clear glitter glue. Mount onto card front with 3D gel glue. Draw ‘landscape’ lines with white gel pen and add a bit more glitter sparkle.
- Stamp the sentiment onto Kraft Card, and the reindeer onto white card, with Versafine. Colour with brown pencil and the lettering with white gel pen. Add Glossy Accents to both, cut out when dry and glue to card with 3D gel. Finish the card with PVA pearls around the large circle.