Have you seen the Monthly Challenge from Chocolate Baroque? Each month they post an inspirational picture and colour scheme. Why not join in the fun and you could win a voucher to spend on their lovely stamps.
I had so much fun mixing and matching stamps from my stash and really enjoyed working with colours that I normally would not have chosen.
- Stamps from Autumn Hedgerow, Nature Table, Underwater Kingdom, Nature Fragments, Texture Fragments and Abstract Fragments sets.
- White and dark green card
- WOW embossing powder – Earthtone Grape
- Pens: Watercolour, alcohol ink, gel pens in gold and white, fine tipped markers in brown and dark green.
- Inkpads: Dark brown Dye based, Distress inks – Scattered Straw, Gathered Twigs, Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord.
How to Make:
Stamp and heat emboss the foreground rocks. Mask and stamp the foreground and brick textures with Distress Ink. Tip: Create masks by stamping on thin copy paper and cutting out.
Apply a thin wash of water to soften the wall texture at the edges around the central area, and on the bottom ground texture. Add dots of watercolour and Distress Ink to suggest foliage and flowers. Paint green mossy bits on the brickwork and foreground. Fully dry before the next stage (as in the picture below).
Multicolour stamp the flowers using watercolour pens on specific areas of the stamp. Stamp the twigs with dye ink. Dot with watercolour to give extra foliage.
Use fine tipped markers to draw additional details and make the rocks 3D. Colour the rocks with alcohol pens, watercolour and Distress Inks. Finally add a few highlights with the gold and white gel pens.