Hope that you like this traditional styled card. I really love the Christmas Candlelight stamp set. Fabulous detail and hours of relaxing colouring possibilities.
- Christmas Candlelight and Texture Fragments stamp sets
- White A5 portrait card blank, smooth White card for stamping, cream pearlescent card and a waste scrap of matte cream card
- Inkpads – Distress Ink (Scattered Straw), Memento dye based (Tuxedo Black) and red pigment ink.
- Dark red alcohol ink pen
- Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils – olive green, light and dark ‘xmas’ green, yellow, light and dark red, orange, blue, light and dark grey, and black
- Foam pads, strong double sided tape and adhesive
- Embellishments – small die cut poinsettias in red card plus a couple of die cut swirls in white, red ribbon, white PVA pearls and clear glitter glue.
How to make it:
- Stamp the candlelight image onto white card and colour with pencils. Fussy cut around the holly sprigs and use a shaped die to cut the top of the image. Ink around the top and side edges with Distress Ink.
- Trim the cream pearlescent card to layer onto the card base. Draw ‘distressed’ stripes on the bottom section with the alcohol marker. Stamp texture onto the top section with pigment ink. Whilst the pigment ink is still wet, add distress ink over the surface of the card, blending into the edges of the texture stamped area to soften. Dry with a heat gun and add a fine line border with red alcohol pen.
- Apply the ribbon with double sided tape. Cut scrap cream card into soft curves and apply to top and bottom edges. Layer onto the card base, mount the topper with foam tape, add die cuts and PVA pearls. Finally add glitter glue to flowers, along curved border edges and radiating from the candle light.