I hope that this will give you a little inspiration for entering this months Challenge from Chocolate Baroque. Share your projects and you could win a prize to spend on some of their lovely stamps.
I used stamps from several ‘Design-A-Tree’ stamp sets to create this summer landscape. ‘Glade’ for the main tree, and flowers from the ‘Orchard’ and ‘Spinney’ sets. I also used Tall Trees for the distant tree groups.
- Design-A-Tree stamp sets (Glade, Orchard and Spinney), and Tall Trees stamp set
- 19cm square white stamping card and 19cm square card base
- Moon mask cut from copy paper – approx. 5cm across
- General adhesive and temporary adhesive for mask, low tack masking tape
- Distress Inks (Forest Moss and Dusty Concord) and dye based inkpads (dark purple and cerise pink)
- Alcohol markers (dark purple, cerise pink and dark green – to match inkpads), fine tipped black marker and white gel pen
- Brayer, sponges and water brush
How to make it:
- Tape edges of stamping card with masking tape (to give approx. 1cm border all around) and place the moon mask. Brayer the sky with Dusty Concord Distress Ink, fading towards the centre. Then brayer with Forest Moss Distress Ink from the bottom, fading up towards the centre. Remove moon mask.
- Using torn copy paper as a mask, create some hills in the distance by lightly sponging with Distress Ink. Next stamp some distance trees, the main tree and foliage and some foreground texture with Forest Moss Distress Ink. Stamp the flowers in dark purple and pink dye inks.
- Use a water brush to add some cloud texture in the sky area. Use Distress Ink and the water brush to further enhance and paint the landscape background, adding shading to hills and foliage to the distant trees. Draw a few stems/ grass with the green marker, and use the pink marker to dot some extra flowers. Highlight the flower centres with the white gel pen.
- Finally remove the masking tape and draw a wiggly frame with the fine black marker, cut out and mount onto the card base. I used a dark purple alcohol marker to colour the edges of the card base as I didn’t have any matching card.