I couldn’t resist making a spooky decoration with the FAB new stamp sets this month – perfect for a Halloween party. I used both the ‘Put A Spell On You’ and ‘Hocus Pocus’ stamp sets and the little Wood House Shaped Shelving which is on sale at the moment.
- The house was first painted with black and white gesso to seal and prime the bare wood.
- Recycled corrugated cardboard was used to cover the roof, make the chimney and extend the bottom sides. I used a punch to create the scalloped roof edging from black card. Highlights were added using gilding wax. The ceilings and some walls were painted with orange acrylic.
- The sparkly clouds and wispy spider webs were created using Angelina fibre. A fine mesh of fibre was laid out and ironed between two sheets of baking parchment. The fibre melts and bonds to itself creating a fine ‘fabric’.
- The 3D embellishments, including cogs, flowers, toadstools, lettering etc. were created with silicone moulds and air dry paper clay. I created the broomstick from a cocktail stick and fringed trim.
- The main images were stamped onto white card using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and coloured with alcohol ink pens. I used a mix of Mowed Lawn and Broken China Distress Inks to ink the edges.
- The witch coming out of the chimney, bats in the clouds and the spell book in the roof space were stamped onto acetate using Staz-On Ink.
- I used punches to create the butterflies and black flowers. The leaves were created using a stamp from the Autumn Hedgerow stamp set. I also used the Mini Scripts set to stamp text on the walls and tomb stones, the Butterfly Poppy Collage for creating one of the wallpapers, and the Abstract Fragments set to add texture to the floors.
I had so much fun creating this and I hope that you like it.