Good morning. I have another spooky project to share with you using the new Hocus Pocus and Put a Spell a On You stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque. This time I have made a Flip Flop card where the topper panel flips to reveal the sentiment as you pull the card open. I hope that you like it.
- Hocus Pocus and Put a Spell On You stamp sets
- Heavy weight smooth white stamping card
- Ink sprays (blue, green, brown, and a neutral with mica)
- Inkpads: Memento (Tuxedo Black), StazOn (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters)
- Fine markers (black and brown)
- Faber-Castell Polychromos pencil (yellow)
- Glossy Accents (Ranger), PVA pearls (black)
- Adhesive and sticky foam pads
- Dishwasher salt
- Dies to create flip flop and toppers
How to make it:
- Spray a piece of stamping card approx. A5 in size with inks, drop on dishwasher salt and leave to dry. I used stained salt so it gave more random flecks of colour.
- Score and cut the card to create the flip flop opening panel. I used a die set but you could hand score and cut. The flip flop panel is approx. 7cm square. The score lines are approx. 6.5 and 9cm in from the right hand side. You can see where to cut and score in the opened card picture.
- Stamp the tree and bats with StazOn and complete the landscape using a fine black marker.
- Cut a topper approx. 7cm square. Stamp the cat scene, colour with pencil and brown marker, edge with Distress Ink and draw faux stitching with black marker.
- Cut another topper approx. 6cm square. Stamp the sentiment, bats and twigs. Edge with black marker.
- Cut a strip approx. 1cm wide and randomly stamp with the spider. Also stamp a mini topper approx. 3.5cm square with the bird. Ink the edges with Distress Ink and black marker.
- Mount the toppers (I used foam pads for the cat image), add Glossy Accents to the bird and cat, and finish with some PVA pearls.
I am having so much fun creating these spooky projects. I hope that you are enjoying all the lovely projects from the Design team as much as I am.