I really enjoyed creating with this months colour scheme.
Here is my project created for the Chocolate Baroque Monthly Challenge 15. I love this extra large butterfly stamp from the Patchwork Butterfly stamp set.
- Patchwork Butterfly Stamp set
- Black card blank approx. 19cm square, lemon pearlescent card, thick white card for background and smooth white stamping card
- Memento Inkpad (Tuxedo Black)
- Alcohol ink pens (greys and lemons)
- Acrylic paints (greys), acrylic ink (black), acrylic light modelling paste
- Glossy Accents (Ranger), Flower Soft sprinkles (lemon) and PVA pearls (black)
- Sea sponge and palette knife
- Adhesive and 3D glue gel
How to make it:
- Create the background rock and lichen texture by sponging with grey acrylic paints and black acrylic ink.
- Tint the texture paste with black acrylic ink and apply with a palette knife for added texture, then drop in some Flower Soft sprinkles and leave to fully dry.
- Mount the background onto the card front with a border of the lemon card.
- Stamp the large butterfly with Memento Ink and colour with alcohol inks.
- Add shine to the body and some wing areas with Glossy Accents.
- Cut out to layer onto the background and finish with PVA pearls.
I hope that you like my project. I am looking forward to seeing all your contributions on the Challenge Blog and good luck in the prize draw.
Absolutely stunning. How clever are you!!! Love the texture effect in the background.
Hugs Flo xx
Thank you Flo. Running a bit behind on my write ups and Blogging so appreciate the encouragement xxx.
Reblogged this on Heatherwell Designs by Anne Waller and commented:
Another one with the Patchwork Butterfly stamp from Chocolate Baroque featuring on Hochanda today (Freeview Channel 85).