I enjoyed making this quirky landscape with the little house stamped on a slant. Thought that it would be a nice card to send and bring a smile to a friend going through a difficult time.
I created it using this months Colour Challenge colours.
The stamps (Country Views and Sunburst Scenes) were featured on the recent TV show with Lesley Wharton on The Craft Channel.
- Country Views, Sunburst Scenes and Mackintosh Sentiments stamp sets
- DL card blank (approx. 20.5 X 10cm)
- Printed sentiment from computer
- White stamping card (suitable for alcohol ink colouring)
- Spectrum Noir Alcohol ink pens (pale blues and greens, pink/purple, golden yellow and black)
- Inkpads: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Peeled Paint)
- Fine tipped marker – alcohol ink resistant (water based)
- White gel pen
- Clear crystal glitter glue, blue PVA pearls
- Adhesive and sticky foam pads
How it was made:
- Stamp the scene with Memento ink. Some of the foreground elements, such as the trees, will need to be stamped first and masked before stamping the images behind.
- Use black detail pen to draw and ‘join up’ the landscape. Colour with alcohol ink pens. Finish by adding highlights with the opaque white gel pen.
- Trim to fit the card front and edge with distress ink and finally black pen to create a frame.
- Stamp the sentiment ‘Just to say’ onto a die cut topper and glue on the printed sentiment. Edge with distress ink and black marker. Stick to the card with foam pads.
- Finish with a little glitter sparkle on the sun and roof tops, and PVA pearls on the sentiment plaque.
I hope that you like my project. I am looking forward to seeing your entries for the Challenge this month.