Here is another of my designs created for the recent TV shows on the Craft Channel for Chocolate Baroque using the lovely scene building stamp sets – Country Views and Sunburst Scenes.
I love scene building. I disappear into a fantasy world while creating these.
I hope that you like my monochrome scenic project.
- Country Views and Sunburst Scenes stamp sets
- White card blank 15cm square, white stamping card, black card
- Copy paper to create masks
- Leafy border stencil (Sheena Douglass)
- Acrylic paint (black)
- Inkpads: Versafine (Onyx Black) and Distress Ink (Pumice Stone)
- Fine marker pen and alcohol marker (black)
- Paper clay rose, die cut swirl and black gem stickers
- Adhesive, sticky foam pads, 3D glue gel
How to make it:
- Stamp the scene using Versafine onto a piece of stamping card approx. 14cm square. Use masks to cover the foreground images while stamping the ones behind in the background. Complete the scene by drawing with the fine black pen.
- Apply acrylic paint through the stencil to create leafy foliage around the border; grasses in the bottom foreground and overhanging leafy branches around the top and sides. Edge the image by blending Distress ink in from the corners and sides.
- Cut a shaped panel out of the image using a die or craft knife (I used a Tonic Die). Mat the background image onto black card and glue to the card front. Edge the card blank with alcohol marker.
- Colour the image by putting Distress Ink onto a tile or palette and picking up ink with a wet brush. Use a circular mask for the moon. Glue the image onto black card and layer onto the card front with foam pads. Align the scene images so that they are continuous across to the background, and the hole in background image becomes covered.
- Finally add gem stickers, die cut swirl and rose.