Here is the colour scheme provided for this months Challenge.
I hope that you like it – the owls are so much fun.
- Owl Edges, Exquisite Edges, and Words of Inspiration stamp sets
- Crealies Masks and More – 101 (6 inch stencil)
- A5 scalloped card blank, white stamping card
- Inkpads: Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers, Stormy Sky), dye based inkpad (dark red/burgundy) and Versamark
- WOW embossing powders (Gold Rich, and Earthtones Blueberry)
- Glitter glues (blue-grey and dark red), PVA pearls (gold) and gold gilding wax
- Alcohol marker (dark blue-grey), fine tipped black pen and white gel pen
- Die cuts – rushes (Spellbinders) and to create sentiment mat
- Adhesive and 3D glue gel
How to make it:
- Trim stamping card to fit the card front. Brush through stencil with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to create a random swirled background. Using a sponge, emphasise the edges with Stormy Sky Distress Ink and edge the card with dark blue alcohol marker.
- Using Stormy Sky Distress Ink stamp the little branch along the top third of the card (leaving enough room for the owls). Next stamp the bulrushes across the centre, first with Stormy Sky and then, positioning slightly lower down, in the dark red ink.
- Using Versamark stamp the little owls and the bottom border. Heat emboss with gold. Tip: ensure that the card is fully dry and brush with antistatic powder before embossing. This will prevent stray powder sticking where you don’t want it.
- Colour the owls using Peacock Feathers and dark red inks, and fill in the bottom of the card with Stormy Sky using a water brush to pick up colours. The embossing will resist the ink. Use the fine tipped black and white markers to colour the owl eyes. Colour the die cut rushes with Stormy Sky Distress Ink. Tip: apply inks to your craft mat or a piece of acetate before picking up with a wet brush. Do not put a wet brush directly onto your inkpad or you will dilute them.
- Stamp the sentiment with Versamark and emboss with Blueberry powder. Ink the edges of the mat with Stormy Sky and blue alcohol pen. Mount onto scalloped background mat and edge with a little gold gilding wax.
I hope that you like my offering for this month’s Challenge. I am looking forward to seeing your creations. Good luck with the prize draw.