I created this sample for the recent TV shows from Chocolate Baroque on The Craft Channel. Lesley Wharton was fantastic and gave some wonderful demos using the new background stamps. They are so versatile for so many projects and styles.
- Floral Weave and Studded Lattice stamps
- Readymade box to decorate
- Black Gesso
- Versamark and WOW Embossing Powder (Gold Rich)
- Gilding wax (Pebeo Empire Gold)
- 3D Branches and blossoms created from paper clay and moulds (Martha Stewart)
- 3D glue gel
How it was made:
- Paint the box with black gesso.
- Stamp the lid with the Floral Weave stamp and emboss with the gold powder.
- Stamp the box edges with the Studded Lattice and emboss with gold powder. Then rub edges with a little gilding wax.
- Finally glue on the 3D elements to the lid top and rub over with a little gilding wax.
- My box already had the button and cord closure. You could add these yourself to a plain box to achieve a similar result. Take care when heat embossing if your button or cord is not heat tolerant.