I thought that this month’s colours gave a perfect opportunity to get ahead with a Valentine’s Day project. I hope that you like it.
I am looking forward to seeing your projects for the Challenge, Anne x.
- Baroque Orchids stamp
- A5 scalloped red card blank, white stamping card, white pearlescent card
- Red coloured pencil
- Red and black ink spritzers
- Versafine inkpad – Black Onyx
- Fine black marker, red and black alcohol markers, white acrylic pen
- Glossy Accents
- Adhesive and 3D glue gel
- Border punch, heart and sentiment dies – Tonic
How to make it:
- Spritz white card with red and black inks. Dry, trim and edge with black marker. Add highlights with white pen. Layer onto white pearl card and glue to the card front.
- Cut border from pearl card using a punch and glue to the card front. Also glue on a strip of the waste card (after punching).
- Cut 3 hearts from white stamping card. Draw faux stitching with fine maker and edge with black alcohol pen. Cut the sentiment from pearl card and colour with red alcohol marker. Stick to 1 of the hearts.
- Stamp the remaining 2 hearts with black ink. Tip: to help align a specific area of the stamp onto the heart it is easiest to lay the stamp flat onto your craft mat, then lay the die cut heart down onto the stamp. Rub over to transfer the image.
- Colour the image with red pencil leaving the border uncoloured.
- Glue the hearts to the card front using 3D glue gel. Finally add a layer of Glossy Accents to the stamped hearts, omitting the border.