I loved the fit and style of this black top but spoiled it with splashes of bleach whilst cleaning. I recycled a few more items that were destined for the bin to revamp the top and disguise the bleach splashes. I love the new look – 70s retro and totally original. I hope that this inspires you to recycle and make New from Old.
I have entered this into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Themed ‘Something New’ and featuring Tim Holtz products.
- Tim Holtz Tattered Florals BigZ die, Tim Holtz Mini Tattered Florals BigZ die, Sizzix Flower Layers 4 BigZ die
- General sewing thread and machine embroidery thread
- Stitch & tear embroidery stabiliser
- Sewing machine adjustable for free machine embroidery (dropped feed dogs)
- Black T shirt, old long grey skirt, more old clothes in red and turquoise
How it was done:
- I first slit the ‘skirt’ of the T shirt into thin strips to create tassels. The ends were knotted to prevent unravelling. Pulling the strips made them curl into tasselled cords.
- I cut up the old grey skirt and stitched to make a new lining for the top.
- Dies were used to create the floral applique from 2 more old clothing items.
- I stitched the flowers in place with several rounds of free machining and embroidery thread. Stitch and tear was used on the back to stabilise while working. I didn’t bond the applique but left raw edges. Great tattered floral applique.
Hello Anne! Woah! that is SO CREATIVE!!! Well done!!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp MOnday Challange blog!
Have a great sunday!
Thank you Zoey. I hate throwing anything away if I can save it. Happy Sunday x.