I created this sample for the recent TV shows from Chocolate Baroque on The Craft Channel. I love scene building stamps and this one is a beauty with the lovely rose draped arch and textured wall.
The Walled Garden stamp makes a great scene all on its own but is also great to use alongside the bonus silhouette stamp which fits perfectly into the arch creating added depth to the scene.
I have used a bit of partial stamping and masking to extend the scene, and the bonus foliage stamp from Another Brick in the Walled Garden set. I hope that you like my offering.
Happy crafting, Anne xxx.
- Walled Garden, and Another Brick In The Walled Garden stamp sets
- A5 card blank, watercolour card
- Ranger Archival Inkpad (Coffee)
- Wax crayons (pale browns), watercolour paints and white gel pen
- Alcohol marker (black) and fine liner pen (brown)
How it was made:
- Stamped the scene onto watercolour card.
- Extended the scene using masking and partial stamping of different elements from the stamp. The left hand side of the scene was extended with the trees and more wall. More trees were placed in the foreground on the right, with more of the wall and pillar behind (while masking the foreground elements).
- The silhouette tree was repeat stamped into the archway to add more depth, and silhouette foliage added to the foreground. The scene was completed by drawing with the fine liner pen.
- Coloured with watercolours using wax crayons to add resist highlights to the brickwork and pathway. Used the white gel pen for additional highlights.
- Edged the card with the black marker to frame and glued to the card front.