Punky Flowers Steampunk Stepper Card Created for Chocolate Baroque

I was lucky enough to grab the special offer ‘Stash Box’ from Chocolate Baroque before they flew off the shelves. There was so much stash included I couldn’t believe it. The Lucky Dip stamp sets that I received were right up my street, Steampunk and sewing themed sets, and I didn’t already have them. How lucky was I! I got all of this for just over the cost of one A4 stamp sheet. I will be busy for some time with this lot.

Stash Box 1

I just had to create something using the Punky Flowers stamp set included. I made this stepper card for a friend and he loved it.

AW Steampunk Flower Stepper

Materials:

  • Mottled Cream Card for card base, pearlescent gold paper for layering, Kraft card for die cuts, white card for stamping
  • Punky Flowers and Card Sentiments stamp sets
  • Inkpads: Versamark, Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Peacock Feathers, Gathered Twigs)
  • Embossing powders: Detailed gold, copper and verdigris
  • Pebeo Drawing Gum
  • Fine satin ribbon (turquoise) and 3D glue gel
  • Dies: Stepper card and tag (Tattered Lace), Cogs (Trim Craft)
  • Embossing folder for textured gears (Tri-Boss)

Summary of Methods Used:

  1. I used dies to create the stepper card and mats for layering and stamping. Small gears were die cut from Kraft card for embellishing. I used an embossing folder to create the gear textures.
  2. Images were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with fine gold powder.
  3. The main image was masked using Pebeo Drawing Gum. I really love this masking fluid. It is water soluble while wet so cleaning up brushes is so easy and there is no nasty rubbery ammonia smell that some masking fluids give.
  4. I coloured the backgrounds with Distress inks. I also randomly heat embossed some of the textured gears with a mix of the gold, copper and verdigris embossing powders.
  5. When completely dry I removed the drawing gum (it rubs off really easily) and coloured the main image and smaller images using Distress Inks and water on a brush. The smaller images were cut out for decoupage.
  6. Layers were then glued to the card blank. 3D glue gel was used for the embellishments to give added depth.
  7. As this was for a friend I created a personalised sentiment mini tag to finish the card.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s