This was one of my TV show samples created with the lovely Lace Fragments stamps from Chocolate Baroque which were demonstrated on the Craft Channel TV show by Lesley Wharton.
More recently Dawn Bibby also demonstrated these stamps. I decided to recolour my sample to give it a bit more impact for the new shows.
- Lace Fragments and Mackintosh Sentiments stamp sets
- 19cm square cream card blank, white and cream card
- Ranger Archival Inkpad (Coffee)
- Marker pen (brown)
- 2mm fine satin ribbon (brown)
- Adhesive and sticky foam pads
- Dies to cut trellis and sentiment topper (Tonic – Deco Trellis Base), and leafy sprigs (Heartfelt Creations – Cut Mat Create sets)
How to make it:
1. Die cut a trellis topper from cream card and back with white. Thread with brown ribbon.
2. Cut a sentiment topper in white card, and an 18cm mat in white, edge both with brown marker. Also edge the card blank.
3. Stamp the floral corners and sentiment with Archival Ink.
4. Mount the trellis and sentiment topper, decorate with die cut leafy vines.
How I revamped and recoloured it:
I masked the outer part of the card design and spritzed the central mat and die cuts with green and gold. The leaves and flowers were further coloured with watercolour pens (Spectrum Aqua).
The Lace Fragment floral corners were then also coloured with watercolour pens and the card edges inked with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.
I like both versions of the card but I am definitely not a ‘less is more girl’ – more colour, more layers and more die cuts is ‘more’ me. Tee hee.