This one is really easy to make. There is no stamping, no inking, no flower shaping involved, simply layering up of die cuts. Ready-made flowers, a little touch up with a fine marker (joining the dots provided on the pin dot dies) and glitter glue, make embellishing easy.
· Rose Garden Embossing Folder (EF006)
· 6 X 6 inch square white ready-made card base (approx. 14.75cm)
· Brown, pearlescent pink, and green card
· Decorative double sided floral paper from Tattered Lace Magazine issue No.2
· Fine tipped marker (brown)
· Ready-made flowers and flat backed pearl gems
· Stickles glitter glue (Diamond)
· Acrylic glue, double sided foam pads and 3D glue gel
Step By Step:
1. Cut a 14.5cm square mat from pink card and a 14cm square from brown card. Use a paper trimmer or cutting mat and craft knife. These will be layered onto the card front to create a background with a framed border.
2. Emboss the brown card using the Rose Garden embossing folder. This adds a little texture and interest to the background.
3. Cut the largest Pearl Pin Dot Heart in pink card and the plain Pin Dot Heart from the rose paper (die No.7 which will fit onto the large decorative heart). Use the fine tipped pen to ‘join the dots’ around the heart borders. This creates a faux stitched effect and frames the shape. See Step 1 picture of the components.
4. Using acrylic glue stick the pink and brown mats onto the card front. Also glue the rose paper heart onto the pink decorative heart. Using foam pads stick this centrally onto the card front. This adds dimension to the design.
5. Cut the middle sized Pearl Pin Dot Heart from brown card and the plain Pin Dot Heart from the reverse side of the rose paper (die No.5 which will fit onto the decorative heart).
6. Cut the smallest Pearl Pin Dot Heart from pink card and the plain Pin Dot Heart from the rose paper (die No.3 which will fit onto the decorative heart).
7. Also cut die No. 2 from the plain Pin Dot Heart in rose paper, and 3 of the smallest Pin Dot Hearts in pink. Draw Faux stitching around the hearts as above. See Step 1 picture.
8. Cut out the words in brown card from the Essentials Diamond Fold Card die set.
9. Cut 2 sets of leaves in the green card from both Floral Layers Leaves 1 and 3 sets. See Step 2 picture.
10. Layer and glue the decorative papers onto the Pearl Pin Dot Hearts with acrylic glue. Glue on the words. Attach the hearts to the card front using foam pads.
11. Use 3D glue gel to stick on the ready-made flowers and gems. Glue on the leaves.
12. Finally add some sparkle using the glitter glue. This glitter is suspended in a clear glue so it is very easy to use. Smear onto the leaves, dot around the hearts, and use the fine nozzle to apply a thin line around the outer card frame.
Step 1 – the base layers
Step 2 – more layers and embellishments