Good morning. Have you seen this month’s lovely new digital paper download on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog? The gorgeous Shabby Paint background. I immediately saw mountains and water so decided to create a scene with mine.
- Shabby Paint free download paper
- Fantasy Castles, Magical Landscapes and Tall Trees stamp sets
- 20.5cm square card base, white stamping card and piece of waste acetate
- Inkpads: Ranger Archival (Coffee), Distress Inks (Gathered Twigs, Forest Moss), Memento (London Fog), Versamark
- WOW Embossing Powder (Olive)
- Spectrum Aqua watercolour pens (browns, turquoise, green)
- Alcohol marker and fine tipped permanent pen (brown)
- Stickles glitter glue (Crystal)
- PVA pearls (turquoise) and Ranger Glossy Accents
How it was done:
- Printed the paper onto A4 and trimmed to 19.5cm to mat onto the card base. Outlined with brown marker and blended Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs) in around the edges.
- Stamped the castle onto white card. Extended the rocks by drawing with a fine marker. Coloured with watercolour pens and Distress Inks using a wet brush. Cut out to layer onto the background.
- Stamped the castle onto acetate with Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs), then transferred the ink onto the background paper to create a mirror image reflection. Then glued down the stamped and coloured castle image over the top.
- Used the fine tipped marker to draw in further details to the scene – creating the mountains and foreground. Stamped the clouds with Memento Ink.
- Stamped the tree with Versamark and heat embossed with the Olive powder. Further coloured the image with watercolour pens and Distress Inks.
- Finished with some glitter on the mountain tops, Glossy Accents on the castle domes, and PVA pearls.