I am loving the colours for this month’s Colour Challenge 22 from Chocolate Baroque. Here is a contribution from me to inspire you (I hope! Tee hee xxx).
- Words of Inspiration, Design-A-Tree Woodland, Glade and Spinney stamp sets
- Black card blank (approx. 18X19cm), embossed cream pearlescent paper (for mounting), white stamping card (approx. 14X15 cm)
- Inkpads: Distress Inks (Crushed Olive, Scattered Straw and Carved Pumpkin), Versamark
- Black alcohol marker (Spectrum Noir), fine tipped marker pen (black)
- WOW embossing powder (Metallic Silver)
- Aquamarkers (Spectrum Noir), fine tipped glitter markers (green and orange)
- Soft pencil for drawing
- Stickles glitter glue (Diamond)
- Sunburst stencil (Sheena Douglass)
- Die for the sentiment (Spellbinders)
How it was done:
- Orange, yellow and green Distress Inks were blended across the card. After drying the sun rays were created using a stencil and lifting out colour with water.
- The branches were then hand drawn very lightly with a pencil – just to get a rough layout to follow while stamping.
- The leaves were stamped with Crushed Olive Distress Ink. This was done quite randomly with 1st and 2nd generation stamping following the pencil outlines as a guide.
- The blossoms were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with silver powder. Tip: Ensure that the card is fully dry and dust with talcum powder to prevent the powder sticking where you don’t want it. Buff with a dry cloth after embossing to remove any residue talc.
- The blossoms were then coloured with the glitter markers. The branches were then hand drawn with a fine tipped black pen. Touches of glitter glue were then added for additional sparkle.
- The scene was then edged with black ink, mounted onto the pearl card and black card base to frame.
- The sentiment tag was cut and inked with Scattered Straw Distress Ink through the die, edged with a little Carved Pumpkin and a black marker. The sentiment was then stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with the silver powder. The attached with foam pads for dimension.