I am loving the colours for this month’s Colour Challenge 22 from Chocolate Baroque. Here is a contribution from me to inspire you (I hope! Tee hee xxx).
- Words of Inspiration, Design-A-Tree Woodland, Glade and Spinney stamp sets
- Black card blank (approx. 18X19cm), embossed cream pearlescent paper (for mounting), white stamping card (approx. 14X15 cm)
- Inkpads: Distress Inks (Crushed Olive, Scattered Straw and Carved Pumpkin), Versamark
- Black alcohol marker (Spectrum Noir), fine tipped marker pen (black)
- WOW embossing powder (Metallic Silver)
- Aquamarkers (Spectrum Noir), fine tipped glitter markers (green and orange)
- Soft pencil for drawing
- Stickles glitter glue (Diamond)
- Sunburst stencil (Sheena Douglass)
- Die for the sentiment (Spellbinders)
How it was done:
- Orange, yellow and green Distress Inks were blended across the card. After drying the sun rays were created using a stencil and lifting out colour with water.
- The branches were then hand drawn very lightly with a pencil – just to get a rough layout to follow while stamping.
- The leaves were stamped with Crushed Olive Distress Ink. This was done quite randomly with 1st and 2nd generation stamping following the pencil outlines as a guide.
- The blossoms were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with silver powder. Tip: Ensure that the card is fully dry and dust with talcum powder to prevent the powder sticking where you don’t want it. Buff with a dry cloth after embossing to remove any residue talc.
- The blossoms were then coloured with the glitter markers. The branches were then hand drawn with a fine tipped black pen. Touches of glitter glue were then added for additional sparkle.
- The scene was then edged with black ink, mounted onto the pearl card and black card base to frame.
- The sentiment tag was cut and inked with Scattered Straw Distress Ink through the die, edged with a little Carved Pumpkin and a black marker. The sentiment was then stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with the silver powder. The attached with foam pads for dimension.
Stunning card Ann, the sunburst background is fabulous and all the blossom is so pretty. the challenge colours are amazing. So glad I found my way over to your blog, it’s brilliant, Kate x
Thank you again Kate. Hugs xx
Stunning design x
Thank you Flo. Big hugs xxx.
Wow this is gorgeous
Thank you – I really had some fun creating this x