I love this month’s new Flowering Baroque Heart stamp from Chocolate Baroque. I just had to combine it with heart dies from my stash and some die cut flowers that I shaped to co-ordinate with the stamped floral image. I love creating shaped cards so decided on a set of easel cards using a large die cut bloom as a stopper.
I haven’t used my opaque gouache paints in ages so thought I would do something a little different with the colouring and stamp the image onto black card. I love the dramatic effect.
- Flowering Baroque Heart clear stamp
- White, black, blue and teal plain card
- Versamark Inkpad
- Paints: opaque gouache (colours mixed: red, blues, teals, pinks) and gold water based paint with mica
- Spectrum Noir alcohol ink pens (blues, teals, pinks)
- WOW embossing powder (Clear Gloss)
- Black PVA pearls
- Stickles glitter glue (Diamond)
- Fine tipped markers: black and white
- Heart Dies: Tattered Lace Pin Dot Hearts and Pearl Pin Dot Hearts
- Floral Dies: Tattered Lace Floral Layers (All About The Middle, Leaves 4 and Rose die sets)
- 3D glue gel
How it was done:
- I first cut the largest decorative heart, one in teal and one in black. A plain black heart was cut and glued onto the teal decorative heart. The Flowering Baroque Heart was then stamped directly onto the black card using Versamark. The images were then heat embossed with clear powder.
- The images were coloured with the gouache paints, using the gold mica paint to colour the stamens. The outer border of the black decorative pearl heart was also coloured with gouache.
- I used the plain heart dies to create the card blanks (in blue and teal) and inner black mats. The card was folded in half and the upper edge of the heart die placed so that it extended above and over the fold (cutting through both layers of card). The front panel was then scored horizontally to create the fold back for the easel. The topper was then glued onto the lower half of the front fold back.
- The leaves and flowers were cut from thin white card and coloured with alcohol markers. I like using alcohol markers on 3D shaped items as the ink bleeds through colouring both sides of the card at once. They were shaped with a ball tool and embossing mat. To create the large flowers I snipped the petals to separate them and glued to a small circle of card to create the 5 petalled flowers. The stamens were cut in black card. The smaller petals were used to create the buds.
- Fine tipped pens were used to add faux stitching around the hearts. Black PVA pearls were dotted around the pearl heart frame. Glitter glue was applied to the flowers and stamped image for extra sparkle. The flowers were attached using 3D glue gel.