The new digital paper this month is a stunner. I decided to make a fold back scene card so that the full beauty of the paper can be seen as the card is pulled open.
- Design-A-Tree Orchard, Spinney and Woodland, Landscape Edges and Words of Inspiration stamp sets
- 8 X 8 inch white card blank
- Digital paper (Imperial Birds Background) printed X 3
- Small blossoms die cut (or punched) from scrap card in pink and cream
- Die cut shapes in green card (for mat) and white stamping card to create topper (Tonic)
- Inkpads: Distress Ink (Old Paper, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo), Versafine (Vintage Sepia), Archival Dye Ink (multicolour light to dark browns)
- Acrylic Paint – light pink
- Glitter glues: Stickles (Star Dust) and green
- Pink PVA pearls
- 3D glue gel
How to make it:
- Score the front panel of the card blank vertically down the centre and fold back the panel. Trim the digital paper and glue to the inside back panel.
- Trim another print out panel and cut in half vertically to stick on the inside front and left hand fold back front panel. Check that the front panel pattern aligns with the inside back panel. Glue the inside panel but do not glue down the outer front left panel yet.
- Lay the green mat onto the front printed panel and mark the position of the bottom left hand section with a pencil. Trim a slot around the leaves with a craft knife so that the mat can be tucked into the paper (i.e. under and behind the leaves). Glue the printed panel to the card front taking care to omit glue from the cut slot area. Stamp the sentiment with Versafine.
- From the third sheet of digital paper cut out the vine leaves and shape slightly for decoupage. Shape the tiny blossoms. Add green glitter glue to the leaf veins and Star Dust to the flower centres.
- Stamp the stone wall onto the bottom of the topper panel with Versafine. Stamp the tree (Orchard set) with the multicolour stamp pad so that the trunk is dark brown, blending to lighter brown for the upper branches.
- Stamp the leaves in the light and darker green Distress Inks (Woodland set).
- Stamp the blossoms with pale pink acrylic paint (Spinney set). Dot with Star Dust glitter glue.
- Colour the wall and landscape using the Distress Inks and a damp watercolour brush. Ink the edges of the scene with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Glue to the green mat.
- Glue the topper onto the card front tucking the bottom left corner into the cut slot of the patterned paper. Glue on the leaves and blossoms with 3D glue gel. Take care not to add glue to the topper overhang section. Finish with a few PVA pearls.