Here are two more of my scenes created for the recent TV shows on The Craft Channel where Lesley demonstrated Brusho’s. You can still see the show on catch up online if you missed it.
- Landscape Edges and Words of Inspiration stamp sets
- 6X6 inch card blanks, black card, smooth stamping card and watercolour card
- Brusho’s (red, yellow, black)
- Mr Huey’s Colormist Spray with mica (gold and clear)
- Inkpads: Versafine (Onyx Black), Memento (London Fog and Tuxedo Black)
- WOW embossing powder (Clear)
- Alcohol marker (black)
- Watercolour pen (black)
How it was done:
- I first created the backgrounds using Brusho’s on A5 sheets of card. The first piece was painted onto smooth card, blending the red into yellow, then black at the base. I tipped the card whilst wet to get interesting streaks and bleeding of the colours together. I then sprayed it sparingly with a little gold mica.
- The second piece was created in a similar way but on watercolour card. I coated the card with clear mica spray before applying the Brusho’s.
- I trimmed the backgrounds to approx. 13cm square.
- Images and sentiment were stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder to intensify.
- I used water to lift a little of the stain from the cloud to lighten it against the background. To get a more intense effect try dilute bleach.
- The clouds were stamped with Memento (London Fog).
- The remainder of the scene was stamped with Memento (Tuxedo Black) using second generation stamping along the tree line.
- A bit of shading was painted using wet brush the black watercolour pen ink.
- The images and card blanks were edged with black marker to frame.
- Images were mounted onto black card to create a border and then glued onto the card blank.
Pingback: Chocolate Baroque Landscape Edges stamps on Hochanda today | Heatherwell Designs by Anne Waller