I love this Punky Flower stamp set from Chocolate Baroque. This is a variation of a previous card that I made for a friend. I created this one for the recent TV shows on The Craft Channel; stamping, cutting out and layering up the images.
I also used one of my favourite dies, the Decorative Centre Stepper from Tattered Lace. Perfect for building up layers and dimension.
- Punky Flowers and Card Sentiments stamp sets
- Mottled Cream Card for card base, pearlescent gold paper for layering, Kraft card for die cuts, smooth white card for stamping
- Inkpads: Versamark, Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Peacock Feathers, Gathered Twigs)
- WOW embossing powders: Gold Rich, Copper and Verdigris
- Alcohol marker (black)
- Fine satin ribbon (turquoise) and 3D glue gel
- Dies: Stepper card and tag (Tattered Lace Decorative Centre Stepper), Cogs (Trim Craft)
- Embossing folder for textured gears (Tri-Boss)
Step By Step:
- Cut the decorative stepper card from the cream card. Use the included mat and layer dies to cut the background mats from gold pearl paper and the panels from stamping card. Also cut a small tag from stamping card (also included in the stepper die set) and several cogs from Kraft card.
- Use the embossing folder to create the gear textures on the side panels, corner of the tag, and lower section of the large front panel.
- Colour the panels using Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks, applying with a sponge. Also add a bit more colour to the die cut cogs.
- Randomly apply some Versamark Ink over the die cut and embossed cogs. Heat emboss with a mix of the Gold, Copper and Verdigris embossing powders. Also sprinkle some of the powder randomly over the background and heat from underneath to melt. Outline the main panels with black marker to frame.
- Glue the background and main panels onto the card blank. Add ribbon to the tag.
- Stamp the images with Versamark and heat emboss with the fine gold powder. Colour with Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. Apply the colours to a craft mat, pick up with a damp brush and paint the colours. Colouring is easy within the gold embossed outlines. Cut out the images for decoupage.
- Apply the cut out images and die cuts with 3D glue gel to give added depth.