I am loving the Colour Challenge this month – just my colours. I created this one as one of my TV samples for the recent Brusho’s show on the Craft Channel with the Design-A-Tree sets. Wasn’t Lesley brilliant!
- Design-A-Tree Arboretum – Glade and Orchard sets, Landscape Edges and Words of Inspiration stamp sets
- 6X6 inch card blank, white stamping card and holographic mirror card for mounting
- Inkpads: Versafine (Vintage Sepia, Onyx Black), Distress Ink (Dusty Concord)
- Pebeo Drawing Gum masking fluid
- Brushos (Leaf Green, Turquoise, Ultramarine and Purple)
- Clear mica spray
- Alcohol marker (black) and fine tipped pen (black)
- Stickles glitter glue (Diamond)
Step By Step:
- Trim the stamping card to approx.14cm square (slightly smaller than the card blank).
- Stamp the trees in Vintage Sepia and the sentiment and birds in Onyx Black ink.
- Draw a circle in the sky and apply masking fluid.
- Prepare Brushos for painting by adding crystals to a little water in a palette. Paint the picture with the inks. Remove the masking fluid and drag some of the colour across the moon.
- Spray the moon and central area of the painting sparingly with a little mica spray.
- Add a little shading to the trees with the fine tipped marker, extending at the roots to anchor the trees.
- Edge the card with black marker and blend Distress Ink in from the edges.
- Mount onto the mirror card and glue to the card blank. Finish with a little glitter glue for moonlight sparkle on the branches.
Amazing depth of colours and a fabulous design, Kate x
Thank you. I love scene building x