I am loving the Colour Challenge this month – just my colours. I have used Brushos for the background and the Gothic Fragments stamp set. I have stamped and cut out the elements, so there is no tricky masking involved. I hope that you like it.
I also sent this one in as one of the TV samples for the recent TV shows on the Craft Channel. Lesley is a fabulous demonstrator – so do look out for the shows and catch up online.
- Gothic Fragments and Words of Wisdom stamp sets
- 8X8 inch teal card blank, watercolour card and smooth stamping card
- Inkpads: Versafine (Onyx Black), pigment inks (light and deep turquoise)
- Watercolour markers (lime, turquoise, pale and deep purple)
- Alcohol marker (black)
- Fine tipped marker (white)
- Brushos (Turquoise, Ultramarine and Purple)
- Clear mica spray
- PVA pearls (turquoise)
- Glitter glues: Stickles (Diamond) and blue
- WOW embossing powder (Clear Gloss)
- Die cut swirl, butterfly and banner
- Organza ribbon (purple)
Step By Step:
- Colour the watercolour card with Brushos. Drop crystals into the wet ink and spray with water to get a mottled effect. Spray randomly with mica spray to add more texture and sparkle. Leave to dry.
- Stamp the die cut banner background texture with pale turquoise ink and emboss with the clear powder. Stamp the sentiment in dark turquoise.
- Stamp the main images onto smooth card with Versafine. Colour with watercolour pens and cut out.
- Trim the watercolour card slightly smaller than the card blank and glue down. Glue on the stamped fragments and sentiment banner.
- Edge the card with black marker and add faux stitching around the border with white pen.
- Finish with a little glitter glue, PVA pearls, die cuts and organza bow.
oh anne i really do like this one, i need to order these stamps xx
Thank you sweetheart xxx
You’ve done well – it looks so elegant! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you x