The last of my recent TV show sample created for Chocolate Baroque on The Craft Channel using the Words of Wisdom, Gothic Fragments and Mini sets.
This is a tricky one to give a full step by step but I will do my best.
- Words of Wisdom, Gothic Fragments , Mail Art, Curiosities and Mini Scripts stamp sets
- Cream mount board, cream and white stamping card, black card
- Inkpads: Versamark, Versafine (Black Onyx), Distress Inks (Victorian Velvet and Old Paper)
- WOW embossing powders (Pomegranate)
- Spectrum Noir alcohol ink pen (black)
- Glitter pens (pink, purple and green)
- Mr Huey’s Color Mist Spritzers (Leaf Green, Sunshine and Blue)
- Viva Décor Kristall Gel (dark cerise – 501) and acrylic paint (lime)
- Pebeo Gilding Wax (Silver)
- Inscribe glitter glue (Mermaid), glitter (blue/green)
- Heart sequin waste (to use as stencil) and Texturised stencil (Crafters Workshop – Ronda Palazzari)
- Dies: Pin Dot Hearts (Tattered Lace), Artist Trading Card and Tags #3 (Sizzix BigZ die), Hinges, Latches, Handles and Photo Turns (Sizzix Originals Red die), smaller tags (Trimcraft)
- 3D glue gel and foam pads
How to make it:
- Die cut 5 tags from waste mount board and randomly spritz the backs with inks and paint with acrylic. When dry apply pink Kristall Gel through the sequin waste with a palette knife to cover the backs. Randomly drop some glitter into the wet gel.
- Cut hinges from black card and join the tags using 3D glue gel to make a panel. Apply gilding wax to get a metallic effect.
- I reinforced the hinges with some silver duct tape across the tag fronts. This was so they will cope with lots of handling while on the shows. It will not be archival so possibly the glue will seep through into the artwork with time. I believe that there are specialist tapes available, used by Scrapbookers for creating albums etc. I would recommend a proper tape when creating something that you want to last over the years.
- Cut 5 more tags from cream stamping card. Randomly colour with inks. Dry.
- Stamp the poem onto white card with black ink. Cut out the words and phrases and edge with black alcohol pen.
- Cut 3 smaller tags decorative tags from cream card. Colour with Distress inks and add texture with the mini crackle texture stamp. Stamp with the mini ‘love’ and ‘dream’ verses and the building.
- Cut small hearts with black card. Colour with acrylics, texture gel and gilding wax.
- Stamp the mandala from the Gothic Fragments set onto the top of each main tag with Versamark and heat emboss with the pink powder. Stamp the scenes with Versafine. Colour with glitter pens and Distress inks.
- Add more texture with the crackle stamp and with the paste and sequin waste. Dry.
- Stick down the main tags flat onto the tag screen with acrylic glue. Stick down all the embellishments with 3D glue gel. Finish with glitter glue.