Good morning. Today I am sharing 3 quick makes using Seashell Collage stamps from Chocolate Baroque.
I must got down to the sea
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner
These first two were stamped onto the same background paper created by randomly spritzing an A4 sheet with blue, red and gold mica sprays.
Seagulls in Italy
My third project was stamped onto a patterned paper from Crafty Individuals.
- Seashell Collage and Words of Inspiration stamp sets
- A4 sheet of thick cartridge or watercolour card, 11 X 14cm cream card blank, 15cm square card blank in cream and white, cream stamping card, Crafty Individuals 6X6 inch backing paper (Travels in Italy)
- Inkpads: Archival (Coffee), Versamark, Versafine (Onyx Black), Distress Ink (Antique Linen)
- Mr Huey’s Ink spritzers (blue/grey, red, gold with mica)
- Alcohol marker (black), fine tipped marker (brown, black)
- Polychromos pencils (brown, grey, white, black, red, orange)
- WOW embossing powder (Blueberry)
- Glossy Accents
- PVA pearls (gold)
- Die to fit sentiment panel (Heartfelt Creations Cut, Mat, Create set) or hand cut and use a corner rounder punch.
Step By Step – ‘I must go down to the sea’
- Trim the randomly spritzed sheet to fit the card front (11 X 14cm) leaving a small border.
- Stamp the gulls with Archival Coffee ink. Edge the topper and card with black pen and glue down.
- Stamp the sentiment onto cream card with Coffee ink. Edge with Distress ink and brush over with some of the spritzer ink. Cut out and edge with black ink. Draw faux stitching with fine pen. Stick down with 3D foam.
- Finish by adding Glossy Accents to the stamped image (this enhances it and makes it stand out from the background).
Step By Step – ‘A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner’
- Trim the randomly spritzed sheet to fit the card front (15cm square) leaving a small border.
- Stamp the boat, anchor and small sentiment with Archival Coffee ink. Stamp the inspirational sentiment with Versamark and heat emboss with the powder. Draw in sun rays, and extend the scene, and add faux stitching with fine tipped pen. Edge the topper and card with black pen and glue down.
- Finish by adding Glossy Accents to the stamped images, and PVA pearls.
Step By Step – ‘Seagulls in Italy’
- Trim the printed sheet slightly to fit the card front (15cm square) leaving a small border. Edge with black marker.
- Use Versafine ink and partial stamping to create the scene across the card by leaving ink off parts of the stamp e.g. omitting the seagulls from some of the posts. No complicated masks needed for this but clean the stamp well between stamping to avoid residual ghost images where you don’t want them. Use the fine tipped pen to hand draw missing sections from the top of the posts.
- Quickly colour the posts and gulls with pencils. No need for fancy colouring as the stamps already provide shading details.
- Stamp the sentiment and glue to the card front.
I hope that you like them. Anne x.