I couldn’t resist making something for Christmas using this month’s colours – for the golden orange I substituted metallic gold. Check out the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog for more lovely projects from my Teamies.
Looking forward to seeing your entries this month x.
- Christmas Decorations stamp set. Sentiment from Words of Inspiration, reindeer from Sparkling Trees and Lantern from Christmas Candlelight stamp sets.
- 25 X 20cm primed canvas board, white stamping card, black card, and scrap acetate.
- Embossing folder with Baroque style design (EBosser Regency).
- Snowflake stencil (Claritystamp).
- Inkpads: Distress Ink (Mustard Seed), Versamark, StazOn (Jet Black).
- Embossing powder (black sparkle glitter).
- Gesso (black) and acrylic paints (black, green).
- Viva Décor Croco Crackling Colour (Teal green) and Kristall Gel (clear holographic glitter gel).
- Glitter pens (red, green, yellow, gold).
- Glitter glue (red, green, gold).
- Glossy Accents, chunky gold glitter, PVA pearls (gold).
- Pebeo Gilding Wax (Renaissance Gold).
- Purchased berries and twigs, recycled gold chain and red organza ribbon.
How it was done:
- Embossed black card with folder and rubbed over with gilding wax. Trimmed to make background panel.
- Brushed the canvas with black acrylic leaving some background canvas texture showing through, and dried. Sponged Distress Ink into the spaces.
- Applied crackle paste in corners and around the edges and left to dry overnight. Brushed over the top with green acrylic (the paste was not quite the right green). I dropped on some chunky gold glitter into the wet paint.
- Glued down the embossed background panel. Stamped the sentiment with gold acrylic and outlined with green glitter pen. Applied Glossy Accents.
- Stamped the bauble diamond 9 times onto white card with Versamark and heat embossed with the black sparkle powder. Coloured the card with Distress Ink. Coloured the baubles with glitter pens. Cut out and glued to canvas with 3D glue gel. Added Glossy Accents to enhance the baubles.
- Applied Kristall Gel to the canvas through the stencil. Also applied to scrap acetate, dried overnight and cut out.
- Stamped the lantern and reindeer onto white card. Coloured with Distress Ink and glitter pens. Cut out and glued to canvas. Added Glossy Accents.
- Stamped the gem decorations onto acetate with StazOn. Coloured the back with glitter glues. Left to fry overnight. Painted the back with black gesso, cut out and glued to canvas. Added gold hanging chains and gold glitter glue to finials.
- Glued down the berries and twigs. They were already decorated with fake snow. Added a bit more sparkle with gold glitter glue.
- Finally glued down the acetate snowflakes. Added PVA pearls and dropped on gold glitter.