Sea Dragon card – TV show sample created for Chocolate Baroque on The Craft Channel this week.
- Seadragon (sea dragon, mermaid, sentiment), Underwater Kingdom (mermaid), Underwater (starfish), Seashell Collage (Wheel and Anchor) stamp sets
- 6 X 6 inch scalloped card blank, white stamping card
- Versafine Inkpad (Onyx Black), archival dye ink (blue)
- Brusho’s (Turquoise, Ultramarine)
- Metallic paint (silver gold) *
- Pebeo Drawing Gum
- Watercolour pencils (yellow, golds, oranges) and brush
- Alcohol ink marker (black)
- Decorative Lattice Swirl Die (Heartfelt Creations). If you don’t have these dies, swirly or seaweed like foliage dies would produce a similar result.
* I used Starlight paint (Imagination Crafts) but the Aztec Paints featured in the shows this weekend would be perfect.
How to make it:
- Stamp the Sea Dragon with Versafine and mask with the Drawing Gum. Trim to approx. 10 X 14cm and edge with black pen.
- Drop Brusho crystals onto the card and spritz with water.
- Colour extra card with Brusho’s for die cuts. Cut out the swirly trellis with dies.
- Stamp the anchor, starfish and wheel with Versafine onto spare card and cut out. Stamp the sentiment with blue ink, cut out and edge with black marker.
- Stamp the silhouette mermaids with blue ink. Remove the masking from the dragon, colour the dragon and starfish with watercolour pencils. Add some shimmer paint to the dragon.
- Layer elements and glue to card front.