Brother ScanNCut shows coming on Create & Craft TV tomorrow with new Christmas SVG files from the Cutting Craftorium. There is also a coordinating CD with fabulous printables, and a bundle (CD and USB) with both collections.
There is so much on this Christmas USB for creating 3D home decor items for Christmas: sleigh, reindeer, rocking horse, boxes, napkin rings, lantern, crackers, cake stands, and wreaths but to name a few. I have not seen the optional CD with images and background papers to coordinate with the cutting files – will have to catch the shows tomorrow. It will probably be a must to add to my Christmas crafting collection.
This is a fabulous set of cutting files in SVG format. SVG files are so versatile and can be used on many other electronic cutters, not just the Brother ScanNCut, e.g. Silhouette (with the Designer Edition software).
Here is a brief tutorial for the T Light TV show sample. Anne x.
- Christmas USB (SVG files) from the Cutting Craftorium
- Brother ScanNCut CM300 cutting machine
- Card approx 220gsm: White, light blue, Kraft card
- Battery operated T Light
- Thick card coaster
- Fake snow (Pinflair Snow Dust)
- Brown pencil
- Glitter glue (crystal clear)
- Acrylic glue (Cosmic Shimmer), 3D glue gel (Pinflair) and red liner tape (strong double sided)
How to make it:
It is a bit tricky to write an exact step by step but hopefully I have given enough info for you to make something similar and adapt it to your own taste x.
Generally my settings for around 220 gsm card is: Speed 5, cut pressure 0 or 1, blade depth 5 or 6. It will vary with card thickness and structure (density etc.). If you are a newbie, or trying out a new batch of card, use the test cut function to try out settings – then record for future reference.
Note: I have edited and resized various files to create this project. Remember to save the files as you go so that you can use them again. It also enables you to reload designs as you go to judge and resize subsequent pieces.
- I used elements from the Matchbox Diorama (Woodland Reindeer Scene) to decorate the candle: Load the reindeer (Layer 4) and cut X3. Add a little shading with brown pencil and clear glitter glue for sparkle.
- Load the grass border (Layer 5), resize to wrap around the T Light and cut from blue card. Use double sided tape to cover the candle.
- Load the trees (Layer 2), and the foliage (Layer 3) and cut X1 from blue card. Trim the frame away from the tree sections and glue 2 halves together to make the tree. Trim the tabs away from the foliage. Glue the reindeer, tree and foliage in place around the candle. Add glitter glue and fake snow.
- Cut the Poinsettia in white card, Poinsettia Foliage (Poinsettia folder) in blue card. Shape the elements lightly, layer up as desired and glue to the coaster (the candle sits on the poinsettia centre).
- Finally finish with plenty of fake snow and glitter glue.
Thank you x