Good morning. Today I have an Autumnal project to share with you. I simply love this Autumn Medley stamp. I have used an acorn die from my stash but elements could be cut out and decoupaged from the stamped image too.
- Autumn Medley and Mackintosh Sentiments stamps
- A5 ready made stepper card, white stamping card, A4 thick cartridge paper and waste shredded paper
- WOW embossing powders (extra fine White and Metallic Gold Sparkle)
- Inkpads: Versamark, Versafine (Vintage Sepia), dye based (dark brown)
- Ink Spritzers: Reds, oranges, yellows and greens – some with gold mica (Mr Huey’s and Lindy’s Stamp Gang)
- Dye based inks: Orange and yellow (Spectrum Noir Aquatints)
- Watercolours with mica: Reds, oranges, yellows, browns and greens (Twinkling H2O’s)
- Alcohol ink marker and pencil (dark brown)
- Paper raffia (yellow)
- Dies: Acorns (Spellbinders), square (Tattered Lace Torn Edge), mini tags (Create & Craft Couture Deco Boutique Collection)
- 3D glue gel
How to make it:
- Spritz the cartridge paper and waste paper strips with autumnal coloured inks and leave to dry. Trim the background panel, edge with brown marker and glue to the card front. Die cut tags and acorns from the remainder.
- Edge the mini tag and sentiment panel with brown marker. Stamp the sentiments with Versamark and heat emboss with white powder.
- Add some shading to the acorn and leaf die cuts using the brown dye based ink, and shape using a ball tool and embossing mat.
- Stamp the Autumn Medley onto stamping card using Versafine. Quickly add gold sparkle embossing powder to the hair (avoiding the face) and heat emboss. Colour with watercolours (with mica) and inks. Use the brown pencil to add extra shading.
- Lay the square die onto the image and mark the position of the overhang and trim around with a craft knife (i.e. the foliage and hair that extends beyond the die edge). Lay the overhang behind the die cutting edge (so it won’t cut through) and cut out the square. Edge with brown marker and blend brown ink in from around the edges.
- Scrunch up a bundle of the waste paper strips and raffia and lay the die cut topper over the top. Put everything together using 3D glue gel.