Good morning – I love stamping directly onto pretty background papers to produce quick and easy cards – great if you need to put something together in a hurry.
I stamped elements from the Seashell Collage and flying gulls from the Landscape Edges stamp sets using Archival Ink (Coffee) onto one of the pretty background papers from Crafty Individuals (Book 5 – Travels in Italy). The sentiment is from the Steampunk Travel set, and was heat embossed with white powder. I added a few details with a fine liner pen and quickly coloured some areas with brown pencil. I also blended a little pink dye ink around the edges and over the sentiment to make it stand out – the white embossing resists the ink colour.
- Seashell Collage, Steampunk Travel and Landscape Edges stamp sets
- 6 X 6 inch white card blank (approx. 15cm)
- 6 X 6 inch backing paper from Crafty Individuals (Book 5 – Travels in Italy)
- Inkpads: Versamark, dye based (bright pink) and Archival (Coffee)
- Alcohol marker and fine tipped pen (dark brown)
- WOW embossing powder (Opaque Bright White Superfine)
- Pencil (brown)
How to make it:
- Trim the paper down slightly (approx. 14.5cm square) and stamp the scene using Archival Coffee Ink. Add some quick colouring to the gulls and wooden posts using brown pencil.
- Stamp the sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with the white powder.
- Draw in some faux stitching around the sentiment to extend the scene (just add a few wavy lines) using the fine tipped pen.
- Blend pink ink in from the corners and over the sentiment to make it stand out more (the white embossing will resist the ink).
- Use the marker to outline and frame the edges and glue to the card front.