Good morning. I am really enjoying the Colour Challenge this month. Here I have created a pretty Christmas tag using stamps from the Sparkling Trees set. The tag was coloured and splattered with spray inks and the images stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with pearl yellow and white powders. Dark blue ink was blended in from the edges and an alcohol marker used to frame the tag. Finished with yellow and blue ribbon and of course some glitter glue for sparkle.
- Sparkling Trees stamp set
- Watercolour card tag (approx. 6 X 12.5cm)
- Inkpads: Versamark and dye based (blue)
- Spray inks (light and dark blue, yellow and green – some with mica)
- Heat embossing powders (pearlescent yellow and detail white)
- Alcohol marker (dark blue)
- Yellow and blue organza ribbon
How to make it:
- Spritz and splatter the tag with spray inks and dry fully.
- Stamp the Trees with Versamark and heat emboss with the yellow powder. Stamp the snowflakes and heat emboss with white powder. Tip: to prevent the powder sticking where you don’t want it (especially if your card is still a little damp), dust the surface with a little talc.
- Blend blue dye ink in from the edges and frame with dark blue marker.
- Finish by adding ribbons and a little glitter glue for added sparkle.