Good morning. I hope that you like my quick and easy Christmas cards using the new Christmas Tree Tangle stamp. I split my stamp into 2 to give more versatility, and so that I could use them individually or change the arrangement of the sets of trees. I stamped them onto black card and heat embossed with glitter powder for sparkle. I used a water soluble semitransparent white pastel to add a bit of colour and an opaque white spritzer to create a snowy night scene. I also added a bit of clear mica spritz for added sheen. I finished with a metallic silver marker pen and peel off sentiment. Really quick and easy and great for batch making. Vary by using different colours of embossing powder and background card. I think that Kraft card and pale blue would look good – will have to try that.
- Christmas Tree Tangle single stamp
- A6 white card blank and A6 black card
- Versamark Inkpad
- Glitter heat embossing powders (I used blue & silver)
- Metallic silver fine tipped marker pen
- Christmas sentiment peel off stickers (silver)
- Glitter gel pens (optional)
- Spritzer sprays (opaque white, clear mica)
- Alcohol marker (black)
- Watercolour brush
- Heat gun
How to make it:
- Stamp with Versamark and heat emboss the image with glitter powder.
- Dissolve some of the pastel pigment into water and paint over the scene with a brush. Add a little colour onto the trees with glitter pens if desired.
- Spritz with opaque white spray to create the snow effect. Add some mica spray for extra shimmer.
- Add peel off and trim the topper slightly to leave a border on the card front.
- Quickly draw a border to frame using the metallic pen.
- Glue to card front and add a border around the card blank with black pen.