Good morning. Today I am sharing some quick and easy Christmas card makes. Great for batch making or to get some extras done quickly – make in under 15 mins each. Create them in a multitude of colours so everyone will receive something different and original.
I created these 6 X 6 inch cards using the Sparkling Trees stamp set. The images were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with various colours of powder. The backgrounds were then quickly coloured with Distress Inks using CutNDry foam. The baubles were coloured with glitter pens. I used peel off sentiments, PVA pearls and Glossy Accents on the baubles to finish.
I created these A6 cards using the Christmas Tree Tangle stamp. The images were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with various colours of powder. The backgrounds were then quickly coloured with Distress Inks using CutNDry foam or with ink spritzers. Some quick colouring was added to the trees with glitter pens or Distress Inks and a damp brush. I added peel off sentiments and stars to finish.
- Sparkling Trees stamp set or Christmas Tree Tangle stamp
- 15cm square white card blanks, 14cm square white stamping card, 14cm patterned papers (Crafty Individuals – A Weekend in Seville) or A6 (15 X 10.5cm) card blanks and 14 X 9.5cm white stamping card
- Versamark Inkpad
- Mixed heat embossing powders (white, black, sparkle silver and gold)
- Mixed Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass, Barn Door, Mustard Seed)
- CutNDry foam
- Ink spritzers (pink, blue, opaque white and gold with mica)
- Alcohol ink pens, glitter pens (in co-ordinating colours) and opaque white gel pen
- Glossy Accents
- PVA pearls (white, silver, gold)
- Peel off sentiments and stars (white, black, gold and silver)
How to make them:
- Stamp the images with Versamark on plain or printed paper. Heat emboss with powder.
- Quickly colour by sponging with Distress Inks. Splash with water and dab off with tissue to add texture if desired. This lifts off the Distress Ink. Alternatively use ink spritzers to colour. Mine are permanent when dry (acrylic type) so I spritzed with opaque white to add texture.
- Colour the baubles on the sparkle trees with glitter pens. Add little highlights with the white pen. This makes them look more 3D. Add some areas of colour onto the Tangle Trees either with darker coloured Distress Ink and a damp brush, or with glitter pens.
- Edge the cards with alcohol ink marker to frame and glue to card front.
- Finally stick on the peel off sentiments and stars, add PVA pearls, and Glossy Accents to the tree baubles.