Today I am sharing some instructions, as promised, for my latest TV show samples created for Create & Craft TV and the Brother ScanNCut.
This one is another easy make using the Brother ScanNCut USB, Best of 2016 from Tattered Lace (cutting files in FCM format). A fabulous set of files that sold out very quickly. This has to be my favourite set yet. Well worth grabbing a copy when it returns.
- Tattered Lace Brother ScanNCut USB 8 – Best of 2016, Floral Layers CD-ROM (Tattered Lace)
- Floral papers (from a Tattered Lace magazine)
- 8 X 8 inch white card blank, A4 sheet light gold holographic card (Create & Craft), A4 sheet smooth white printing paper
- PVA pearls (Cosmic Shimmer, gold) and glitter glue (clear)Large b
- all tool and embossing mat to shape flower
How to make it:
- Trim the patterned paper to fit the card front leaving a small border. Glue down.
- Load the Goldwork Lace Floral design from the USB and cut from gold card. Settings will depend on your card thickness and density (I used speed 5, pressure 1, standard blade depth 6). Glue to the card front with 3D glue or foam pads for added depth.
- From the CD-ROM print the sheet to create the yellow rose. This is a really easy to use CD-ROM – just Click, Print and Go. Scan the printed sheet into the ScanNCut. Use a low tack mat for paper (or a well used mat with less stick).
- Overlay and resize the Floral Layers Rose file elements over the scanned image. This is fairly easy as the bleed area around the printed images gives an allowance – so you don’t need to be super accurate. There will be four sets of petal elements printed on the sheet. Work on one set first and when happy with the placement and sizing of the cutting files, group them together and save the file. You will then not have to repeat the procedure if you want to cut out more sheets in the future. Then simply overlay 3 more sets of cutting file over the remaining images. Cut out (I used cut speed 5, pressure 0, standard blade depth 3).
- Using an embossing mat and ball tool give some shape to the petals and make up the flower, layering larger petals to the outside, reducing size towards the middle, finishing with a folded up bud shape in the centre.
- Finally glue on the rose, add PVA pearls, and finish with glitter glue for sparkle.