Today I am sharing some instructions, as promised, for my latest TV show samples created for Create & Craft TV and the Brother ScanNCut.
This one is a really easy make using the Brother ScanNCut USB, Best of 2016 from Tattered Lace (cutting files in FCM format). A fabulous set of files that sold out very quickly. This has to be my favourite set yet. Well worth grabbing a copy when it returns.
I mounted it onto an embossed background but it would look lovely placed onto a printed background scene too.
- Tattered Lace Brother ScanNCut USB 8 – Best of 2016
- Sentiment stamp (Victoria Nelson – Village Fete collection – Summer Kite set)
- 8 X 8 inch white card blank, A4 sheet black card and ready made chipboard sentiment tag
- Inkpads: Stazon (black), Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet)
- Tattered Lace 8 X 8 inch embossing folder – Chains
- Organza ribbon (pink), PVA pearls (Cosmic Shimmer, black)
- Glitter glue (Cosmic Shimmer, Autumn Twinkles)
- Fine tipped marker and chisel tipped alcohol maker (black)
How to make it:
- Emboss the card front and apply and blend Distress ink to the raised pattern, outside edges inward, using a sponge or cutNDry foam.
- Load the Love Birds design from the USB and cut from black card. Settings will depend on your card thickness and density (I used speed 5, pressure 1, standard blade depth 5).
- Snip off the bird house. Lightly shape the birds and glue the branch to the card front. Use 3D glue gel in some areas for depth. Glue on the bird house in the new position.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the tag. Using the fine tipped pen add faux stitching to the tag and card front. Use the chisel tip marker to edge the tag and card front too. This frames the design.
- Finally attach the ribbon and bow, glue on the tag with 3D glue or foam pads, add PVA pearls, and finish with glitter glue on the birds and branches.