Today I am sharing some instructions, as promised, for my latest TV show samples created for Create & Craft TV and the Brother ScanNCut.
This one is another fairly simple make using the Brother ScanNCut USB, Best of 2016 from Tattered Lace (cutting files in FCM format). A fabulous set of files that sold out very quickly. This has to be my favourite set yet. Well worth grabbing a copy when it returns.
- Tattered Lace Brother ScanNCut USB 8 – Best of 2016
- 8 X 8 inch white card blank, cream and white card, floral background paper (Victoria Nelson – Village Fete)
- Tattered Lace 8 X 8 Rose Garden and Calligraphy Script strip embossing folders
- Glitter glue (clear) and PVA pearls (Cosmic Shimmer)
- Large ball tool and embossing mat to shape flowers
- Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet)
How to make it:
- Load the Meadow Sweet background mat design and cut from floral paper. Settings will depend on your card thickness and density (I used speed 5, pressure 1, standard blade depth 4.5).
- Enlarge the mat by approx. half an inch and cut again from cream card (my card needed blade depth 5.5).
- Edge the mats with Distress ink and glue together, offsetting the cream base mat to create a ‘drop shadow’ effect.
- Emboss the card front with the Rose embossing folder and a strip of cream card with the script. Lightly apply Distress ink to bring out the texture. Glue the strip in place, then the panel mat using 3D foam pads for added depth.
- Next load the Meadow Sweet floral frame and sentiment and cut from white card. Lightly shape the flowers with an embossing tool and pull up some of the petal details. I used a thicker stamping card so it would hold its shape (increasing blade depth to 6.5).
- Finally glue the floral frame and sentiment to the card front and finish with glitter glue and PVA pearls.