Good morning. I am excited to share one of my samples for Lesley’s first TV shows on Hochanda at the start of the month. Lesley demonstrated several sets of stamps from Chocolate Baroque featuring a romantic theme with gorgeous roses and heartfelt sentiments. Great for creating projects for loved ones, Valentines Day, Weddings and Anniversaries too.
I have used the Big Bold Backgrounds Leafy Trails stamp to create this card and to decorate a small gift box to match. I embellished using the Rose Stem Script stamp and a sentiment from the Words of Love set.
- Big Bold Backgrounds Leafy Trails, Rose Stem Script, Harlequin Rose (small border) and Words of Love stamp sets
- 6 X 6 inch scalloped white card blank, white stamping card
- Small gift box (white card)*
- Inkpads: Versamark and dye based (teal)
- WOW embossing powder (Metallic Gold Rich Super Fine)
- Alcohol pen (teal)
- Water based sparkle pens (teal, pink and clear), watercolour pen (dark pink) – Spectrum Noir
- Fine ribbon (teal)
- Spray varnish with mica (Crafters Companion Spray & Sparkle)
* The gift box is a purse design from Silhouette – I think that it came included with the Silhouette Studio software
How to make:
Stamp the leafy background with Versamark and heat emboss with gold powder. Trim stamping card to fit the card blank leaving a small border. Round the corners with a punch or scissors. Edge with the alcohol marker.
Open out the box and lay flat. Mine was cut on the Silhouette Cameo, but you could use a die cut or a ready-made plain box. My box measured approx. 30 X 21 cm when opened out. Stamp and emboss the box sides with the leafy stamp.
Colour the card front and box with sparkle pens. Spray with a coat of sparkle varnish. Glue the background mat to the card front.
Cut a strip of card, stamp the sentiment and small border with teal ink. Trim and edge with alcohol pen. Attach to card front with 3D foam.
Stamp the rose panel in Versamark Ink and emboss with gold powder. Colour with watercolour and sparkle pens (both are water based so can be used together). Cut out the rose and lightly shape. Tie on a ribbon and glue to the card with 3D glue gel.