Good morning – well it’s time to get romantic and send a bit of love. This monochrome rose card would be perfect for the guys. It would work for Valentine’s day or for an anniversary. I hope that you like it.
- A5 white card blank, white stamping card
- Rose Stem Script, Harlequin Rose and Words of Love stamp sets
- Decorative heart die (Tattered Lace Pearl Pin Dot Hearts)
- Alcohol marker and fine tipped pen (black)
- Coloured pencil (black) and clear Sparkle Pen (Spectrum Noir)
- Versafine Inkpad (Onyx Black)
- PVA pearls (black), Glossy Accents, Stickles glitter glue (Black Diamond)
How to make it:
- Cut a paper strip to create a mask for the sentiment border. Thin copy paper works best for this. You could apply a couple of dots of Zig 2 Way glue to the back to help hold it in place. If you do this wait for the glue to dry before placing. When dry this glue acts as a repositionable adhesive. Lay the mask across the card front and stamp the Rose Script 4 times with Versamark.
- Remove the mask and use a fine tipped pen to outline the sentiment strip. Edge the card with the alcohol marker. Stamp the sentiment and small heart.
- Stamp the Rose Script again onto stamping card. Colour with black pencil and cut out the rose. Use the shading on the stamp as a guide to colouring light and dark areas. Brush over the petal edges with the clear sparkle pen. Shape the rose slightly and glue to card front with 3D glue gel.
- Cut a decorative heart frame. I cut the heart from white stamping card using a die from Tattered Lace. I hand cut out the middle to create a frame and coloured with black alcohol marker. Trim the heart so that it appears to sit behind the sentiment strip when stuck down.
- Add Glossy Accents over the small heart and a little black glitter glue to the shaded areas of the rose. Finish with PVA pearls.