Good morning. Today I am sharing another of my samples made for the recent TV shows on Hochanda using the lovely new Kingfisher and scene building sets. These are still exclusive to Hochanda for a few more days – then they will also be available from Chocolate Baroque.
This sample started out to be a bit of a disaster. I used Soft Form Relief Paste to make the textured embellishment but while preparing we had no electricity for 12 hours. It was only 5 degrees in the house and unfortunately it made my embellishment go hard and brittle (where it is normally flexible and soft) – so I accidently smashed and cracked it! Aaaargh! But then I thought about a theme …… ‘our fragile earth’ …… and this design resulted. Tee hee.
- Baroque Meadow and Kingfisher Song stamp sets
- 15.5cm X 11cm card blank (black), panel from a tag shaped card blank (white), scrap of white stamping card
- Soft Form Relief Paste (Silver)
- Inkpads: Stazon (Black), Versafine (Onyx Black), Distress Ink (Pumice Stone) and dye based (yellow)
- Ink spritzer sprays (pale blue with mica)
- Sparkle pens (clear, green, blue, turquoise, yellow and bright pink)
- Fine tipped acrylic pen (opaque white)
- Glossy Accents
- Circle mask (die cut from scrap acetate sheet)
- Computer printed sentiment
How to make it:
- Cover the Baroque Meadow stamp with a layer of Soft Form Relief Paste and leave to fully dry (1-2 days). Gently peel away from the stamp and trim away rough edges with scissors. Rub over the surface with Stazon ink. Mine snapped across due to the cold conditions. Usually this stays flexible so you will need to cut across with scissors.
- Using a sponge and the circle mask apply yellow ink to create the earth shape. Remove the mask and lightly spritz with the blue ink. When dry apply a layer of clear sparkle over the earth.
- Edge the card with Distress Ink and glue down the meadow embellishment and sentiment strips. Glue to the card front with 3D foam.
- Stamp the Kingfisher scene with Versafine ink. You only need to partially ink the stamp – cut out the Kingfisher. Colour with sparkle pens. Dot a little highlight into the eye with the white pen and when dry add Glossy Accents. Shape lightly and apply to the card with 3D glue gel.