Good morning. Here is another of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda featuring the lovely Kingfisher Song stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I love to create monochromatic blue & white scenes – reminds me of gorgeous blue & white china or ceramic tiles.
- Kingfisher Song stamp set (Chocolate Baroque)
- 15cm square card blank, blue card (Tattered Lace Shades), white stamping card (Sheena Douglass)
- Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire)
- Fine tipped pen (blue)
- Spray and Shine (Crafters Companion)
- Tattered Lace dies: Square Accordion, Torn Edge Squares
How to make it:
- Cut the Accordion in white card and trim away the outer shape to make a frame. Trim the blue card to give a fine outer border. Glue mat and frame to the card front. Draw faux stitching with fine pen.
- Cut the Torn Edge Squares from white card, the smaller from stamping card for the main image. Glue the larger mat to the card front.
- Stamp the image with Distress Ink. Using a damp brush drag out colour from the stamped image, add more ink in areas of shading (apply ink from the pad to your craft mat and pick up colour with brush). Using a sponge, blend ink in from the card edges.
- Spray the image with Spray and Shine. This gives it the look of a ceramic tile.
- Apply to the card front with 3D foam for depth.