Good afternoon. I am sharing a skirt that I made from an old double bed white sheet. I dyed the background and made up this simple tiered skirt. I simply measured my hips and cut the width of the top tier so that I could pull it on easily with an elasticated top band. I then added tiers of increasing width (approx. 1.5 to 2X the width of the previous tier). I used a remnant of embroidered fabric for the bottom frill.
Before adding the elastic to the waist I machine embroidered rows of decorative stitching and flourishes. I then block printed with various designs and heat set to make permanent. Summer here we come.
White cotton double bed sheet, cotton ribbon for trim (dyed with sheet) and remnant of turquoise embroidered chiffon
Dylon multipurpose dye. This is now discontinued but they have a new formulation that is equivalent for use on natural fabrics (dyed in washing machine).
Madiera Rayon embroidery thread – variegated golds and browns
Wooden printing blocks:
Owl (Blockwallah), small leaves, floral sprig, daisy flower, leafy spiral (Colouricious), paisley and floral Border (unknown brand)
High density foam mat – to lay underneath as block print (Colouricious)
Fabric paints – heat set with iron (to make permanent):
White Gold Starlights Fabric Paint (Imagination Crafts), Chestnut Brown Multipurpose Satin Paint (Martha Stewart), Turquoise blue mixed to match fabric – Opaque White (Jacquard), Metallic Turquoise and Blue (Vallejo from Colouricious)
Wow! I don’t even know where to start, this is just great
Thank you – I have trashed the kitchen with print blocks, paints and sewing stuff everywhere – tee hee
It’s well worth it though
This is so beautiful!! 💕👏
Thank you x