Good morning. Today I am sharing another quick make using the Spring Bird Crocus and Breath of Spring stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque. I love creating these monochrome scenes. Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink is the perfect colour, giving the effect of blue & white pottery.
I used fancy edged circle dies to cut the stamping plate and background, but plain circles would work well too. I stamped the image with Distress ink and dragged out the colour using a damp brush. Extra colour was added by picking up more ink from a craft mat and a watercolour brush. The corners were stamped directly onto the card front. I added a coat of Spray & Shine to the topper to give it a ‘pottery tile’ finish.
- Spring Bird Crocus and Breath of Spring stamp sets
- 6 X 6 Scallop edge card blank, blue card and white stamping card
- Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire)
- Watercolour brush
- Spray and Shine (Crafters Companion)
- Torn Edge Nested Circle dies (Tattered Lace)