WOW, the shows with the Babushka and Russian stamps this week were simply FAB. So many lovely samples from my Teamies and great demos from Lesley.
This morning I am sharing a Spring themed card with you – a Vintage styled project using the Spring Bird Crocus set. I hope that you like it x
- Spring Birds Crocus and Breath of Spring stamp sets
- 8 X 8 inch card blank, 6 X 6 inch background paper from Crafty Individuals (Shades of Summer), white stamping card, green card and pink glitter card
- Inkpads: Versafine (Vintage Sepia), Versamark, Distress Ink (Broken China, Tattered Rose)
- Heat embossing powders (clear and gold sparkle)
- Watercolour, sparkle and glitter pens (yellows, blues, pinks, greens)
- Alcohol marker (pale blue-grey) and metallic marker (gold)
- Glitter glue (gold)
- Trellis die (Tonic)
- Metallic thread (gold) and acrylic gems (gold)
How it was done:
- The bird scene, sentiment and border were stamped onto the patterned paper with Versafine and embossed with clear powder. Water based pens were used to colour. To bring out the scene a little more from the background I used a grey marker to add a drop shadow.
- The scene was stamped a second time onto white card, coloured and cut out for decoupage.
- Broken China Distress Ink was blended in from around the edges. The topper edges were then embossed with a little gold sparkle powder. Decoupage elements were glued down with 3D glue gel.
- The topper was matted onto green card. I used an offcut from a Trellis die cut (pink glitter card) to layer behind the topper left hand side. Gold thread was added for extra sparkle and texture. A square paper doily tinted with Distress Ink would also work really well if you don’t have dies.
- The background card blank was stamped using Tattered Rose Distress Ink. Broken China Ink was used to blend in from the edges, and the gold pen used to edge the card.
- I finished with gold glitter glue and gems (I cannot resist a bit of bling).