Good morning. The recent shows on Hochanda featuring the Russian themed stamps and stencils from Chocolate Baroque were simply brill – great demos and such a lovely range of samples from my Teamies. If you missed the shows they do remain available online (23/24th March) for a while so you can catch up on the FAB demos from Lesley Wharton.
I am sharing one of my show samples today created with the lovely Russian Floral egg, Katya and crackle stamps. These stamps are exclusive to Hochanda until the end of the month. After that they will be available directly from Chocolate Baroque.
I used the decorative headdress from the beautiful Katya stamp to create a shaped card on which to mount the egg.
- Russian Floral Egg, Katya and Large Crackle Background (sold out individually on Hochanda)
- A5 white card blank, coloured card (lemon, Kraft and black)
- Inkpads: Versafine (Onyx Black), Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire), Versamark
- Polychromos pencil (blue)
- Heat embossing powder with mica (Lindy’s Stamp Gang – Hyacinth Blue Jade)
- Pebeo Studio acrylic paint (Iridescent Gold)
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen (gold)
- Glossy Accents
- Pebeo Gilding Wax (Empire Gold)
- Satin ribbon and sequins (blue)
How to make it:
- Stamp the Katya headdress twice onto black card with Versamark and heat emboss with the powder. Colour the images with gold sparkle pen and blue pencil. Cut out to make a shaped topper, making the top and bottom edges parallel, horizontal and straight. Edge with gilding wax. Mount onto lemon card and cut out to leave a fine border.
- Glue the topper to the card blank aligning the top horizontal edge with the fold on the card blank. Trim away the card blank (omitting the top edge) to make the shaped card. Add Glossy Accents to emphasise some of the patterned areas and glue on sequins.
- Using the crackle stamp add texture to the Kraft card by stamping with Distress Ink and gold acrylic. Stamp the egg with Versafine and cut out. Colour with gold sparkle pen and blue pencil. Mount onto black card and cut out to give a fine border. Edge with gilding wax. Apply Glossy Accents over the floral, swirl and leaf elements. Mount onto the card front with 3D foam and finish with a bow.