Good afternoon. Today I am sharing a set of cards created with the new stencils from Chocolate Baroque. These are fairly quick makes.
I decided to try running the Russian Spires stencil through my die cut machine on the embossing setting to get added texture. I also brayered over the stencil with glycerine before embossing. This transferred to the card providing a medium on which to sprinkle embossing powders. I experimented and played with different colours, adding additional colouring with pens or pencils. I quite liked the distressed effect.
- Russian Spires, Silhouette Palaces 1 and 2 stencils, and Words to Dazzle & Sparkle stamp set
- Card blanks (20.5 X 15cm), smooth card (black and white), glitter card (lilac, cream, blue)
- Glycerine (available from the chemist)
- Heat embossing powders (gold, pink, amethyst)
- Versamark embossing pen
- Alcohol markers (black, grey)
- Acrylic pen (opaque white)
- Metallic coloured pencils (Faber Castell)
- Watercolour and Sparkle pens (Spectrum Noir)
- Pebeo Gilding Wax (gold, silver)
- Die to cut sentiment panel (Tattered Lace Pin Dot Rectangles)