Good morning. Here is one of my samples for the butterfly stamp set shows featured on Hochanda recently with Chocolate Baroque. If you missed the shows they are available for a while on the website. Lesley Wharton did some great demos so the shows are well worth a watch. There were also so many fabulous projects and inspiration from my Teamies.
- Patchwork Butterfly stamp set
- Smooth card (blue and black), decorative holographic card (black and silver)
- Opaque gouache paint (blue and white)
- Inkpads: Versamark, Versafine (Onyx Black)
- WOW embossing powder (Clear Gloss and silver sparkle)
- PVA pearls (silver)
- Large label dies (TODO)
How it was made:
- I used a large label die to create the decorative card blank using blue card. I cut a decorative mat from the holographic card and layered onto the card front.
- The swirls were stamped onto blue card using Versafine and were heat embossed with clear powder.
- The butterflies were stamped with Versamark and embossed with the silver sparkly powder. Colour was added using gouache paint. I mixed the blue and white to get a colour to match the blue card base.
- The swirls and butterflies were cut out and layered onto the card with 3D glue gel. For added depth and strength I layered some plain blue card butterflies behind the smaller butterflies (using the stamped and cut out ones as a template).
- Finally PVA pearls were added around the border.