Good morning. Today I am sharing one of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda. I had so much fun with these stamps. I hope that you like my fantasy scene. This one also perfectly fits the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge this month too.
- Spring Fairy Collection , Fantasy Castles, and Magical Landscapes
- 8 inch square card blank, white stamping card and purple iridescent paper
- Scrap copy paper to create masks
- Large decorative circle mat cut from purple card and circle die to cut out image
- Versafine Inkpad (Onyx Black), StazOn (Jet Black)
- Water based inks (purples)
- Watercolour pencils (black, purples and greens)
- Clear sparkle pen
- Fine tipped marker pen (black) and alcohol marker (purple)
- Stickles glitter glue (Star Dust)
How to make it:
- Stamp the fairies with Versafine, cut out and colour with pencils and a damp brush.
- Stamp the wings with StazOn onto the iridescent paper, cut out and decoupage over the stamped fairies.
- Stamp the castles and buildings onto copy paper and cut out. Arrange the elements to plan the scene, i.e. it needs to fit into the circle topper which will fit onto the large decorative mat. Stamp the foreground image with Versafine and cover it with your paper mask before stamping the next image behind. Continue covering the foreground images and working towards the background elements. When complete remove the masks and use a fine tipped marker to join up or draw extra elements where needed.
- Colour with watercolour pencils and a damp brush. Overlay some areas with clear sparkle pen. I added extra intense colour with water based inks into the background to make the buildings ‘pop’.
- Edge the card blank with alcohol marker to frame. Layer and glue down all elements. I used 3D foam and glue gel for added depth.
- Finish with touches of glitter glue for added sparkle.